LAS TABLAS COLOMBIAN STEAKHOUSE IS A FAMILY-OWNED AND OPERATED ESTABLISHMENT FOUNDED IN 1991.
by Chef Jorge Suárez and Soraya Campos
At that time, Colombian food was virtually unknown in Chicago, and they were forced to sell Mexican food to entice customers through the door. When the growing clientele was just beginning to prefer the Colombian dishes over tacos and burritos, that original Las Tablas (located at 1918 W. Irving Park Rd) was completely destroyed in a fire.That is when the Suárez family moved Las Tablas to Lincoln Ave - first for many years in a small space at 2965 where Las Tablas first became popular, and then it's current location after having grown out of the first space. In 1999, another location was added at 4920 W. Irving Park Rd.